Nutmeg galore: Best of nutmegs in 2016/17 training (Video)
Barcelona’s training session is always an interesting one filled with laughs. It’s either players like Pique are playing pranks or they are embarrassing each other with nutmeg.
The club provided a compilation of the nutmegs from last season’s training session. Everyone got a taste of embarrassment even though we noticed the goalkeepers suffered it the most.
Messi was also out there doing his thing. But when he got stuck in a rondo session, he had a taste of how it feels to be nutmeged.
Watch clip below
Barcelona players to return to training
Ernesto Valverde’s job kicks off on July 12 when all the players are expected to report to the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper.
The only players not expected to return are the players taking part in the Confederations Cup and U21 European Championships. Marc-Andre ter Stegen, Andre Gomes and Deniz Suarez are player given extended breaks.
Dates for pre-season matches
- 12 July: Pre-season begins
- 19 July: USA tour beigns (New York)
- 22 July: Barça – Juventus (New Jersey)
- 26 July: Barça – Manchester United (Washington)
- 29 July: Barça – Real Madrid (Miami)
- TBC: Barça – Chapecoense (Joan Gamper Trophy)
- 12-13 August (TBC): Barça – Madrid (Super Cup first leg)
- 15-16 August (TBC): Madrid – Barça (Super Cup second leg)