Neymar moves to make peace with Barcelona
Last week Thursday saw Neymar officially sign for Paris Saint Germain, leaving Barcelona with nothing but a bitter feeling.
It was a day the fans never thought would arrive considering all the assurances from the Barcelona directors.
Moving on from his transfer, the Brazilian was set for another battle with Barcelona after they withheld a €26 million form his father.
The sum was included i the deal agreed when he signed a new deal with Barcelona in October 2016. And initial reports had said they were going to take their case to FIFA. (Read details here)
But they has been a change in tone in as his lawyer, Marcos Motta, says they were not thinking about reporting Barcelona.
Speaking in a conciliatory tone Motta told the press in Sao Paulo: “This bonus exists and his payment is part of his contract, we hope it will be paid as agreed and we are talking about it to Barcelona.”
“We are not considering the possibility of FIFA action because of the good relationship that exists with Barcelona.”
Barcelona receives his fee.
After waiting patiently for days since the cheque was submitted, the 222 million euros has final hit Barcelona’s bank account.
“Now that Barcelona have received and cashed the cheque, the transfer is being processed,” a source at the Catalan club confirmed to AFP.
And this means the Spanish FA have sent his international transfer certificate to the French FA. Neymar is set to make his debut with PSG one Sunday in an away game with Guingamp.